Sunday, September 18, 2005

Romanian Ramble

I'm rubbish at this game! I never write much. I do have an excuse though because I had a trip to Bucharest to follow the mighty blues in the UEFA cup.

I only managed to sort out accomodation and tickets the day before so it was all a bit of a rush.

Fortunately I have a friend in Bucharest who used to work for me called Dorin (the Uri Geller lookalike). He being an absolute star picked us up at the airport at 5am and took us to the hotel. AND the next day took us for a posh meal and insisted on paying! I must say Romanian food is good. Their soups rock and stuffed vine leaves were lovely (avoided the cabbage as it's just not me).

Well anyway we go to the football (surrounded by 100s of baton wielding big boys)(rrrrrrr!) and lose 5.1 what a gutter. Ach well at least the trip was good fun. The next day we toured the lovely city (well I must say it's very grim and concretey in places but loads of work is being done and it'll be a citybreak with easyjet before you know it), saw the Arc de Triomphe (a bit strange!) and the second biggest building in the world (commissioned by their unbeloved Ceaucescu). It was all good fun. [oh yeah we also tried to walk into what we thought was a tourist attraction only to be turned away by a guard. We looked a bit more closely and realised it was a mental hospital!]

Then it was off out on the beers before catching the 4 am flight home. I had to tell my good friend Andy that the attractive girl who chatted him up in the street was just some young lass who had fallen for his older charms but actually a prostitiute. But we found a nice bar with her help and had a most civilised evening (although Andy was disappointed that the girls dancing on the podiums didn't take their tops off).

All in all a top trip but well shattering. Always good to be back in blighty though. Mind you I think someone decided it was winter while I was away.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I was just reading your blogger and how funny are you! Bucharest sounds good without the prostitute though!
Looking forward to reading more of your bloggers. regards

2:22 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Not very funny really. I must write another one though.

Bucharest was excellent.

How do you find these things?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

How do i find what things??!! I dont understand the question!

P.S It was quite funny, but please do write another one so i can laugh at my desk!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

I did write another and then it failed to download! I was so mad I could've broken something!

It was five paragraphs! Practically a life's work!

Oh I meant how did you find my blog I'm a bit of a noob at these things.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home