Thursday, September 29, 2005

Second Attempt at Weekend Wobbling

Ha! Right to avoid loss I’m gonna write this up on Word first and then paste it in. That way I won’t end up kicking the PC across the room.

Now to remember what I said…….

Ah yes I went to a wedding at the weekend which was entertaining mainly for the fact that the grooms Dad (a wee grey man with big beard and tiny but long grey ponytail) turned out to be a hell’s angel (hence at the reception changed into T-shirt and leather waistcoat and all his pierced up middle aged mates turned up). And his ex wife was a big old Caribbean mum with a huge family (including the Southampton massive)((Cue turned up suit collars)).

Anyway all was quite well until the Bridesmaid left me her 3 year old kid for me to look after during the speeches (she had decided that I was Uncle Max (or Mr Moo Moo depending on her mood)). Of course it all goes quiet so she starts shouting how rubbish the speeches were. So I have to chuck her over my shoulder and run out.

Thus began over and hour of running round the garden playing chase etc. I was shattered. AND then when it could get no worse she starts shouting that she wanted her mummy and to leave her alone. I had visions of a the police turning up at this stage and putting me on some list. Fortunately I remember the old knee gallopy game and that killed the remaining 15 minutes (and my leg).

As light relief I went back to the dancefloor and did my best Saturday Night Whigfield dance. Only two of us did it, me and the most enormous mum I’ve ever seen. What a sight.

Right I’d better do some work! Beers tonight and then home to the pain of the blues exiting the UEFA cup.

x

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I can't believe you wrote so much and then lost it!! I know how you feel though I have done the same in an email and wrote to my friend the whole update of about a months worth of info and gossip and then lost it...the second time you write it never sounds as good!

I think your blog is funny, it makes the day go quicker reading them! Sad...but true, mummy sparkle will tell you the same!

So.. I hope you didnt make it on to any list!! ha ha! Wedding sounds like a comedy of errors full of people of all kinds...sounds like you had fun spunky!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

You don't know how grumpy it made me.

Cheers, what exactly do you and the Sparklemeister do then?

Fortunately the police didn't turn up. It was a bit average overall to be honest. Bridemaids were a bit lacking!

I'm watching the footie tonight in the forlorn hope Everton will score four and concede none. One down three to go.

Have an excellent evo.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hi Spunky,

Me and Sparkle work in the wonderful land of BT in Plymouth! Its been so hectic and thank god i have the weekend off!

Shame the bridesmaids were lacking, yu could have been in there! Out on the raz tonight down the local to see an excellent band play, im sure the wine will be flowing....fast!!

Enjoy your weekend

2:28 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Ah excellent. I'm working with BT a little at the moment.

Hope you had a good razz. I've just got back from a mates and am gutted that the blues lost again. I'm going to be visiting such great places as Luton and Coventry next year.

(sob)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

(sigh)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

My work here is done!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Your work is never done Natterjack for I need you more than the clouds need the sky.

I sit here within my tower and yearn to see you from my window once again.

xxxx

12:53 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Surely not another loss...oh well maybe next time! Raz was good fun, wine was going down very well and didnt realise how well until we were on our third bottle! Band were brilliant as always i put a comment on their website telling them how fab they were again but typing when drunk is not usually a good thing, it was all gobbedly gook when i read it the next day...good job the drummer is one of my friends and he knows what im like!

What did you get up to at the weekend?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

yup, unfortunately we're rubbish. I'm off to Whitehart Lane to see us get beat by Spurs in 2 weeks too. I've been every year for a few years now and we always lose. Even once when we were 2.0 up.

Groupie eh? What kind of music?

I went to Bluewater (which was painful) and then over to a mates in deepest Sussex to watch the footie. Nothing exciting. Next weekend is exciting! It's home to see the folks!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

hey spunky. Hope your week has been better than mine. I cannot wait for the weekend so i can do sweet FA!!

By the way spunky im no groupie!! I wish I had time to be one though. They're called Joker and they play indie rock sort of music. I had them play at a party i had and i much preferred them when they werent so well known in Plymouth because me and my friends could enjoy them all to ourselves but unfortunately other people have cottoned onto their goodness and now you have to be at the pub about 2 hours before they play so you can get a decent spot! Sad but very true! Check out the website if you want more info www.jokeronline.co.uk.

Hows your week going apart from finding skinny spiders everywhere?! I have to say I have only had one so far - it annoys me how they march into the living room like they own the place - I thought they were supposed to be afraid of us!! Fingers crossed I wont get too many coz im such a wimp when it comes to spiders

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home