Sunday, September 10, 2006

From your bed I gained a day, and lost a bloody year.

Trunks is on his way back from his short trip around England.

Currently in Nottingham with 'The Chemist', I've had a day or so of playing guitars, wood fires and taking wee Alex for walks, picnics and blackberry picking. The blackberrys weren't massively tasty to be fair.

Before that I saw the uplifting and motivating experience that was our annual CEO address. It was actually ok. This fella seems a lot more human. I did manage to get lost in Manchester along the way (I'm sure it's got bigger!) It's certainly improved since I was there 20 years ago.

AND before that I went to the Trunks household in Liverpool. Mum really isn't well and it's getting Dad down too. All a bit sobering.

BUT the big news of the weekend. Everton won the derby!!! In fact they didn't just win it, they demolished Liverpool 3.0 To be fair Liverpool probably deserved at least a goal but then how many times have we been at the other end of that? Many. So sitting in a pub in Nottingham on my own that was chock full of plastic reds was a rewarding experience.

The sun is out again! Hurrah! It was a scorcher yesterday. Perfect for spotting berries, 'shrooms and horse poo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home