Sunday, February 26, 2006

No sleep, no sleep, no sleep and no mad video machine (three times)

Well! Good morning all (well ok it's afternoon, but near enough and the old Spunkmeister over indulged two nights running, so the fact I'm here at all is a miracle).

First the good news!

My car is back on the road and retaxed. Freedom is mine again.

Of course every bit of good news has a dark side, and in this case it was the fact that it cost me £600. I really should've scrapped it. I can't though, loyalty is my greatest weakness and my old Toyota Carina has served me well for 9 years (NINE YEARS!).

That got me thinking aboot whether you could gauge a person by their car, so:

Old, good bodywork, loose suspension, been round the block a lot of times, comfortable and reliable. Bloody hell! That's me to a tee!

Right case study two (forgive me I'm freeforming here so it may all grind to a halt):

Astra sport, tinted windows (you struggle to see what's inside!), sharp body kit but flaking a bit, sport seats, fast but obvious. My word! It's one of my greatest mates Angry Drunk!

Ford Fiesta, quite old and a touch worn looking, shiny bonnet, full of shit and popular with oriental ladies - It's another spot on description, the Scourge!

Polo, yellow, very old, mould/moss in the cracks, scruffy - go no further! It's old university friend and phone line sex pest Mank!

I could go on (I'm lying, I couldn't as I can't think of anyone else with a car). I think I've stumbled upon a universal truth here though. Girls beware men driving TVRs, MX5s or Audi TTs.

I said it was good news day didn't I? Well additionally my Mum is out of hospital. Mummy Trunks artificial hip popped out whilst putting on her socks and she's been in for three weeks. There can be few sadder sights than your old mum propped up in a hospital bed. (Even sadder than seeing the mighty blues lose to toon yesterday). Anyway! She's back home, cue happier Daddy Trunk and 'little ginger peril' my lovely wee neice.

Good will to all.

xx

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Did I meet any of these 'case studies'?

Give my love to mama. Popping hips is an extremely painful business these days!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Hmmm, I think you met Mank.

Tallish crumbly looking fella. Very blond and very dry. Slightly odd.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Crumbly? Did we go see the ikea lampshades on sticks together?

Who was that guy? Wasn't he spanish?

Was I drunk? Did it actually happen?

Your ex flatmate......that's who it was. Another C. Is he mank?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I'm glad to hear all is ok with mummy trunks, hope you are well not heard from you!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home