Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I remember the days of '85, when I was young and so alive, but now I'm dead....

Morning all!

I have nearly finished ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ and the long paragraphs have been very illuminating if somewhat morbid towards the end. There’s too much of preponderance for incest and prostitution in there too. Can’t say I’d recommend it without reservation.

Next I’m going to read Brokeback Mountain. A totally different proposition, as it’s only 60 pages and has very big writing. I’m still waiting for someone to tell me how they turned that into a long movie.

I’m also still waiting for a flood of cylindrical buildings of the world spottings. I’m only up to three and I want this to become an obsession!

It’s a beautiful morning outside Corporate Towers. Its days like these that I want to be deep in the countryside lying on the banks of a river with a beautiful lady. Alternatively I could be stuck up here pushing forward the evils of corporatism. Ah well I suppose I need the cash.

The window cleaners just went past again. Now that’s a job I couldn’t do. I feel bad enough sitting inside at this height. Mind you, no ones going to tell them they’ve missed a bit!

Low point of the week: It’s Eurovision on Saturday and like a fool I have visitors. Next year I am defo having a party and you’re all invited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Well trunky, consider your invitation accepted!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger the lorider said...

I'm planning to read Brokeback, too - let me know how you liked it....

The movie oddly did have the feel of a short story, I can't explain how.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home