Saturday, May 06, 2006

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat.....

Ack! Just when I think a touch of sanity is returning to Corporate Towers it all evaporates in the blink of an eye.

It was appraisal time with the incredibly important Joe 90 on Thursday. Despite all the sterling work done by my team this year apparently they are not stressed enough. We have too much fun supposedly. Ah! So all the talk of 'work life balance' and 'fun in the office' was just corporate bullshit then? Well yes.

Fuck it. I'm not going to change in to an overly directive disciplinarian. I'd rather get the sack. Which may be an option!

Anyone got an idea of any alternative careers for old Spunky?

On another issue, somebody gave me a copy of Brokeback Mountain (the book) (( they obviously knew my taste in cowboys)), and it's only 58 pages long!!! AND had dead big writing. Now I haven't seen the film BUT there must be a lot of stuff going on with no talking to pad it out. Any ideas?

Last day of the football season tomorrow. I hate a summer without football (despite the fact that I love cricket too) BUT WAIT! What's that hoving into view? It's the WORLD CUP! HUZZA! We're saved!

AMAZING FACT:
Aliens are part human!

Now I'm not good on this kind of stuff, but last night I had Angry round for tea (quick trip in the old motor to Mr Fast Fry for battered sausage and chips) and we're watching telly. It was Alien vs Predator (there's a plot written by a genius). Anyway I watching this aubergine headed alien and thinking 'don't they have very human looking teeth, surely that's not ideal for what is evidently a full blown carnivore (or alien eqivalent)' I mention this to Angry and he's all 'Nah! the reason they're like that is cos they're a hybrid of the host birther' (or words to that effect). Apparently in an earlier Alien (Alein cubed I think) a dog has one and it run around on all fours etc. Well anyway I don't believe this being a man of science and seeing as the alien uses the host parasitically it makes no sense (I mean do wasp eggs put into apples come out partially apple? I think not). BUT sure enough right at the end an alien comes out of a predator with one of them scary mouths! Never argue with Angry on Science Fiction films is the moral.

Right! Have a lovely weekend everyone. I'm off to watch the play-offs!

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

You could become my tea bitch!? Ill pay you an excellent rate!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I take it you didnt like that idea, the ofer still stands though!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

If the rates are reasonable I'll consider it.

What are the hours?

6:20 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Well babe, seeing as it is you, how about Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 10:00 - 16:00, weekends off for some well needed foot massaging!! How about that?! Sounds like an offer that couldnt be missed!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

sounds like a good career to me!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ok, well find yourself very much employed!! When you coming???

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home