Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it!

Look what angry got me for Christmas:



How blinking cool is that?

It was all fine until me dad totalled it into the Christmas tree! After a few repairs it was airworthy again though.

Anyway! Christmas day was a complete success in Spunky Mansions.

I was up at 10 am (early for me on a holiday) and commenced to was my turkey, rub salt in all over and stick seasoned butter under the skin. Chopped up me onions and carrots. Lopped the wings off. Piled it in a tray and lobbed it in the oven.

I then had a shower and popped round to Angry's to get some gravy thickening and my pressie (see above, I am shamed to say my present was nowhere near as cool).

Mum was hovering around bless her but not up to helping. So I prepared the rest and sorted things at the right times. I did chestnut apple and pork stuffing, roast potatoes, honeyed parsnips, sprouts (grooooo! that is commitment to the family), yorkshire pudding and lovely thick gravy to top it off. I have to say it was the hardest meal I've ever cooked. But it all came off and mum and dad loved it (especially pleasing as Mummy Trunks hasn't been eating well and doesn't enjoy her food at all at the moment). What a relief!

One thing though!

I forgot the sodding pigs in blankets!!!

The Bear had a lovely bit of tuna in case you're wondering!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Cool pressie!!

I got an i-pod nano! Had a lovely day yesterday thanks. I love Christmas, everyone is happy and full of festive cheer!

8:19 AM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

what are pigs in blankets?

7:42 PM  
Blogger J.J said...

No pigs in blankets! My kids would leave home if I fogot those! (sausages wrapped in bacon Cookie mate!)

9:14 PM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

sausages wrapped in bacon? sounds like a treat for the arteries!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

It's not the world's most healthy snack for sure!

We had them for tea today me and Dad. With a turkey leg each!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Spunkster, am back in land of t'internet.

Helicopter is flipping fantastic.

You're a lucky boy.

Love you always xxxx

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home