Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mary is coming and I think I'm coming too

Wednesday morning!
Well! It must be said, I am crap at getting up but this takes the biscuit.
I awake at 6:15 to a strange sound. A weird cawing noise. I presume it's a fox and look out my open window.

What do I see? Nothing.

I look down. Nothing (well a pigeon flying away)

I look left. Nothing.

I look right. There's a fucking magpie sitting on me windowsill tapping his beak on the window!!

I went to take a photo (for here) and the bastard legs it. Well flew anyway.

So I go for a wee and go back to bed. Snore away switch of me alarm and wake up at 8:15!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

15 mins to get ready!!!

NOW, you must bear in mind I have a set getting ready for work routine:
  1. feed The Bear
  2. change The Bear's water
  3. empty The Bear's pooh tray
  4. put the iron on
  5. pour out juice
  6. get cod liver oil
  7. make breakfast (usually cereal or toast)
  8. iron shirt
  9. eat brekkers and drink juice
  10. go for a pooh and stroke The Bear
  11. put shower on
  12. Shave
  13. shower (this takes fifteen minutes as I am a freak)
  14. get changed
  15. leave flat

This takes me from 7:00 when I wake up to 8:20 when I leave. Allow 20 mins for me to leave bed too.

So! As you can imagine! Having 5 mins to get ready was a test.

First of all I decided I'd leave at 8:30 to give me time.

I miss 5,6,7,9 and 12.

Somehow I made in to work on time.

Now tell me, does this mean I should stay in bed longer OR that I should get to work earlier OR that I am going to die because a magpie on the windowsill is a sign of doom!?

2 Comments:

Blogger H x said...

Well, for a start you could iron your shirt the night before, or a whole weeks worth in one go?

My morning routine goes like this.

1. Wake up at 5 or 6 am, feel lousy, fall asleep again.

2. Alarm goes off at 7am. Put it on snooze.

3. Dad arrives to take the dog for a walk, manage to mumble hello to him, just!

4. Alarm goes off, put it on snooze.

5, 6, 7, 8. Repeat for at least 4 snooze cycles until my guilt and panic rises to such a level that it manages to drag me out of bed.

9. Go for a wee and clean teeth, stagger into shower to wash and wake up (5-10 mins).

10. Get dressed (occasionally with what to wear dilemma but have recently managed to minimise this by deciding what to wear the night before or during my extended snooze cycle) (10 mins)

11. Feed and water birdies (5 mins)

12. Frantic seach for keys (hopefully only 30 seconds, they are usually squished behind sofa cushions)

13. Sit in car listening to traffic report while applying mascara (3 mins)

14. Mad drive to work as fast as is legally possible (20-30 mins on a v good day, 1.5 hrs on a really bad day!)

15. Colapse in chair at desk to read Nat's blog while composing myself and vowing that i really REALLY will get up earlier tomorrow...

9:03 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

1. Alarm goes off at 6am, snooze until 6.30am

2. Drag ass out of bed at 6.40 and make bed!

3. Run downstairs and have a wee

4. Jump into shower (10 mins)

5. Clean teeth, put the kettle on and make tea

6. Get dressed, dry hair and apply make up

7. Frantically try and find keys and grab lunch from fridge

8. Make some toast

9. Leave house 7.25, toast in hand and walk 20 mins to work

10. Arrive at work 7.45, make another cup of tea and try to remember how the hell I made it to work early!

Its all about the alarm, if I got up 15 mins earlier, I wouldnt have to stuff my toast down my face whilst walking to work!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home