Thursday, May 10, 2007

What was deluxe become debris, she never questioned loyalty...

Today is a very very sad day.
I have just come inside after clearing out my faithful car.
My beloved Toyota Carina 1.6 16v:

125,000 miles on the clock:

Flat head owl has been removed from his perch:

I rarely put a photo of myself up but this is an historic day:

Bye bye my love, we have had 10 great years together and I will never forget you. You never let me down, never broke down, passed MOT almost every time and took me to many places. Almost always at a consistent 90mph. Even though it was a little annoying having to pump up the back tyre every couple of weeks at the end.
I'm very sad and on the verge of tears, this is the end of the longest relationship I have ever had........

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

I felt the same way (almost) when I had to say goodbye to my 106.

The was the car that got me out of a speeding ticket one summer when I was on my way up to yours!

Bloody good car.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

10 (TEN) years!

Love you Natterjack

11:21 PM  
Blogger J.J said...

Oh dear! Know how you feel as I felt it too when I waved my Mondeo off to the scrapyard following my too close encounter with the back of a lorry. It had done 185,000 miles and had never once let me down - oh the guilt.

P.S. The Metro I had hopes of getting for my son failed its MOT for first time ever having basically rotted away underneath in the past year where due to the illness of its then owner it was not being used. Oh well.The search for a reliable old banger continues.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh no Trunky, I know how much you love that car! Nice pic btw x

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home