Friday, April 14, 2006

Sticks and stones...can hurt....if you shoot them through the bone.

Just Jane challenged me to come up with my twenty tracks for twenty headings. I am beginning now (rather belatedly).

By the way! Isn’t it ace when summer starts creeping nearer?

1. Track from your early childhood:

Frigging in the Rigging – Sex Pistols

I remember my little mate Willy from across the road marching up and down to this in Pete’s room. He was oblivious to the rude content, I’m convinced we didn’t get it all either.

2. Track you associate with your first love:

If we’re talking first real love then it’s Angel in The Snow – A-ha, I also wrote a song aboot the sexy squaw for my illustrious band Big Khunta. It was impressive for having three totally differently chorded choruses.

By the way SS was an angel and would’ve looked splendid in the snow.

OH! Also It’s Grim Up North – The Jamms. She bought this for me and it sounded ace on my 3D Super Woofer (or whatever it was called). She nicked it when we split up though!

3. Track that reminds you of a holiday trip:

King of my Castle – Wamdue Project

Reminds me of me and the Minkster (who has sadly abandoned me to move to New Zealand). This song takes me back a few years to our bachelor trip to Grand Canaria. We were quite brave in those days and if there was a stage we’d be up on it doing our rave dancing with no shirts on. First night we met up with some lads we’d met on’t plane and got so drunk that Minky lost his wallet and neither of us remember getting home. Quite how I got in when Minky had the keys and you had to climb up the balconies otherwise I do not know. I awoke the next day to find Minky hadn’t made it past the front room. We met a couple of lovely dutch ladies later in the week (very tall!), one of whom I ending up going out with. I also snogged a girl who looked “like sam fox after she’s had a foot pump up her arse” and we went skinny dipping with a couple of foxy, but mad, Scottish girls. Quite eventful for a week in November.

4. A track that you like but wouldn’t want to be associated with in public

Nelly – Hot in Here

I know I shouldn’t really like this but I do. I think the clincher was the Christina Ricci lookalike I was see at the time used to sing it and sounded dead cute.

I also had Captain Beaky as a lad and wish I still did. A very uplifting song! Sadly I decided write all over the b side and then test its properties as a discus. It is no longer in my collection.

5. A track that accompanied you when you were lovesick

Every Breath You Take – The Police

Most people think this is a beautiful love song. It isn’t it’s a bitter song about loss and obsession. I played it a few times when I got dumped by a lass called Carrie. Not too many times…..I’m a bit shallow to be fair.

Right! That’s the first five, it’lll take a while for me to do the other 15. You’ll have to bear with me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger stig said...

How do you come up with these titles???

12:37 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Stig, I once asked him the same question I used to think it was some cryptic clue, but apparently they are completely random!

Spunky, hurry up and finish the 20! Good choices so far tho x

8:49 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Cheers Hobbs, kind words from a man of distinction. I dread to think of what manner of cheese you produce.

There is some logic and often themes within my titles. Maybe not much, but some.

I may explain it one day.

Cheers Mookie. I'll try and do it as soon as poss.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home