Sunday, April 02, 2006

We said our lines, then kissed and it was over......

So! What has the spunkmeister been up to then?

Working mainly, and going out drinking a lot.

Tuesday, I worked late and then met a beautiful friend, who I shall refer to as 'The Barber', at Bond Street. I took her for a few pints and then an italian meal. I must say, we've known each other over 10 years now and she's still gorgeous.

[Flashback]
A more youthful Spunky and Budget Boy are living in St Johns Wood and are burning the candle both ends. A typical week can be a frenzy of clubbing. This week:
Monday - The Underworld, Camden - Indie club famous for my kissing a young girl and then seeing her with another guy. I bumped into her the next week and accused her of 'treating me like a piece of meat' she looked quite guilty until I wandered off giggling.
Also the home of short arsed rap king, who when engaged in social discourse with myself decided to demostrate his rapping skills whilst simultaneously gobbing in my face.
Also the place where I met a nice young vetrinary nurse. I asked her for her number at the end of the night and she said "Are you going to phone me?" to which I said "no". I mean if she hadn't asked I would've phoned. But sometimes you have to say something contrary to what you should for comedy alone. Makes a good anecdote too. I never saw her again......
Tuesday - Los Locos, Just off Soho Square (sadly no more) - Bottled beer £1 each. Spanish Club famous for its shite food and the genesis of one of my best tricks to meet ladies. (I would tell you this, but then I'd have lost my edge when I next come out of semi-retirement).
Myself and Budget met 'Famous Argentinian' and 'Spanish White' in here. Halcyon days.
Wednesday - Hombres al Bahia, Just off Oxford Street - Budweiser £1 a bottle. Poxy eighties styled club, with VIP area and pools tables.
Not much happened here except for meeting Zammo 'Just say no' Maguire. He was a midget and was failing to pull (even at 3am, and everyone is good looking at 3am!). Next I heard of him he was working as a fix it man at my mate Minky's office.



















Zammo saying "No" yesterday

Speaking of which! Minky phoned me all the way from New Zealand when I was on the M1 today. He's having a baby! Why are my friends doing this to me?

Thursday - Any club we can find It was always hard to find somwhere cheap on Thursday and we weren't men of means in those days

Anyhoo! It gets to Friday and I'm shattered. I've been going to work (as a banking menial) every day on aboot 2-3 hours sleep. I get home and Budget says:

"Come on, let's go for lasties". "No" I risposte. He asks me twice more and I say "yes" (I lack willpower).

So off we head to O'Henerys. Once the best pub in Swiss Cottage. Now a bit too normal. O'Henerys was famous for the night Budget told it's most famous regular Fred that he looked like Ronnie Corbett. An amusing scuffle ensued with all 4'11" of 50 year old Fred trying to attack a 6' Budget.
Also notable for me being chatted up (a rare occurrence) by a young Aussie lady (it was a big antipodean hangout). She says to me "it's my birthday, are you coming to my party?", I say "No, I don't know who you are" and walk off. I was greatly castigated for this as she was very pleasant. However, being chatted up freaks me out.
So.....anyway......we're stood on't balcony chatting and two lovely ladies down in the beer garden keep looking at us. A tallish pale blonde and small dusky brunette. Budget turns to me and says "Come on! We have to!" So off we trot over and I open with the classic line "So....what's your favourite colour?" ((This is only just better than my worst ever line: "Did you know there are more ants in the world than people? Where are they all?")). Next thing you know, we're all chatting and I hear Budget say "Do you fancy going clubbing?" so on it went.......

[Back to present]
Wednesday - Work then onto the work quiz night. Our team 'Kittens Without Mittens' (which I was told was a gay name by a group of girls. When I retorted that it was actually a euphemism for shaven lady bits they took it back (which it isn't actually but it should be and it seemed like a decent response)) consisted of:
Spunky Trunks
Angry
Cro Magnon Man
The Welsh Wizard
The Line Manager of the Emotions (late drop out replaced by the Gulay Archipelago)
Mekon
We came second but blame that on the 'making a tractor with playdoh round'
Another late night with lots of beer.

Thursday - worked till 8 and then went to meet Dougy Fresh, Microphone Head and Cazzy G. Cazzy G is a great friend of mine. We lived together in Finchley Towers for 4 years and I used to put pint pots of urine outside his door at university.
He has also had a child and named it after a famous quiz master.

Friday - worked till 8 and finally finished the presentation and so had a few beers chatting the the Dome, Pinkster, The Hammer, Hethers and Mott the Hoople. The Dome and Hethers are becoming flatmates! Lord help the world.

Anyway I'm bored of typing and it's 2 am so that pretty much concludes my week.

I once went out with a girl who had a copy of War and Peace in her bookshelf, I bet to this day (and it was 14 years ago) she still has a slip of paper halfway through with "I bet you never read this x x" scribbled on it. If you're reading this Sexy Squaw go check it.

Night all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

I've still got a copy of Wuthering Heights. I've been unable to get past the third chapter for years. And I try really hard...sometimes!

So do you give everyone you know nicknames?

What's mine?

5:25 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Nat, I'm not surprised you've been unable to finish Wuthering Heights, its total tosh!!

You being chatted up freaks you out?!...I dont believe it!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh and i see you added me to your links...Who is Mookie?! I quite like it though, I might change my blog to it!! xx

8:59 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Is that the one aboot Kate Bush?

I do give everyone nicknames when I mention them, to protect the innocent. As you are already Nat here and visible, then you are Nat.
(or Natterjack).

A girl coming up to me out of the blue used to put me off. I was younger and more traditional then. Couldn't say how it'd effect me now as it doesn't happen.

Yes! I re-worked out how to do it and stuck you down. Mookie is you, it's just a nice name. I think it was someone in a film by Spike Lee.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

No girls ever chat you up...I'll chat you up Spunky!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home