Thursday, March 02, 2006

Take the skinheads bowling.

Well, old Trunks is back after two days facilitating what I'll call a 'knowing your customer' propostion development workshop. Thrillsville 2006. It was actually ok, but you know even my best day at work I'd rather be at home.

Fortunately my very talented team member the Hamster ran most of it and did a sterling job. I just butted in occasionally and looked moderately attractive.

Lots of very senior meetings going on in big rooms with blinds drawn at the moment! Brrrrrr! Better start warming up my CV.

Another night another dream:

I turned round because I heard a plane flying really low, this passenger jet is just above ground and lands on the fields opposite me. It goes buzzing across and under a bridge (this was a BIG bridge so why it was in the middle of all these lovely green field I don't know). This obviously knocks the planes wings off and it comes to a halt.

Doors open and who should be out of the plane first? None other than Corporate High desperate career girl 'Miss Plums' (renowned for running aboot the office and being serious in an attempt to appear important).

Anyway, I go running in to help people off, aware that there is aviation fuel everywhere (to be fair - how real is this! - I pause and think 'shit I could be killed here' but still rush in (would I do this in real life? Who knows)). I'm telling people to hurry out cos of all the fuel and there's some dick trying to rescue his luggage.

So I'm inside and there's this old couple, I know I haven't got much time and they don't want to be saved. So I save this middle aged fella who's asleep and everyone has abandoned (he must be a deep sleeper).

I get him out and then out of nowhere my old pal Hethers (whom in reality here I have just come back from being in the pub with (curry club at wetherspoons, curry + pint only £5!)) , so we rush back and rescue the old fools just as we hear one of the engines aboot to blow up.

Believe me that dream is less exciting in the relating!

OH! We had an exercise in my workshop to break the ice where you had to draw what animal you were. I drew a grizzly bear (which looked like a Yeti, and would've been a praying mantis if I'd been able to draw one), most other people were cats, dogs or birds. No goats!!!! There was one pig but you'd expect some originality!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger H x said...

I had two dreams last night. Both were bad. In the first some scary guy was trying to murder me but before doing so he was trying to replace my eyes with steel ballbearings. The second i cannot remember in the reassuring light of day. Probably just as well.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

My dream last night involved some half naked young man trying to balance both of my boobs in each of his hands!

Am obviously in need of some rumpy, pr'haps?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I had the worst dream of my life last night...i woke up crying my eyes out and in a sweat. I cant remember all of it just that we were trying to escape from some military people and they got my dad and took him away and I never saw him again, that really freaked me out.

12:59 PM  
Blogger H x said...

I want Nat's dream!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Don't fancy Nat's dream too much meself.

But hey! I'm game for a laugh.

5:11 PM  
Blogger H x said...

I bet you are! :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

The young man was lovely. All rippling abs and tawny skin!

I have the slight feeling he may well have been a gardener or pool boy!

I must be approaching middle age far too quickly.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Tawny skin?

I have tawny hair, but skin? Brrrrr

6:17 PM  
Blogger stig said...

(formerly known as street racer)
All I remember from last night was telling somebody that my backup career was automotive jounalisim (or however you spell it) and then driving through a sidewalk cafe in Paris (I started in London) and then I woke up. It was very odd.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

good to see you in europe Stig old chap.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home