Monday, February 27, 2006

Living legend, born to run, smartest c*** under the sun.

People Wot Look Like Me - II


5) Riley off Biffy The Vampire Slayer - never watched the show myself. Maybe it was his mannerisms. A girlfriend, whom I shall call 'Long Distance Lil', said I looked like him. Methinks a touch of rose tinted specs. Nice hair though.


6) Angel - Not sure why he's an angel, but he sure doesn't look like me. Too rugged, he has decent hair and can do one of them broody looks. Blame Long Distance Lil again for this one.

Speaking of which that takes me back.....one christmas I was going home to Carrot Roads County for christmas and she was staying there with relatives. It was christmas eve and I lay in bed in Cavendish Mansions Finchley wondering how I could make up for the fact that I had purchased no pressies. I lost a bit of sleep on this!

Anyway....next morning, me and my good mate Pantsfellah (I was going to call him Duracell but he's my oldest mate, I love him and childhood cruelty never stops hurting) set off for home up M't'6.

I pulled into a service station on the offchance and purchased:
1) A Eddie Izzard comedy tape
2) A squeezy child's train book
3) Some chocolate
4) Cuddly toy

We motor on and that night I meet up with her in the Derby Arms (avec my main man Pants). She brings out a great big box, it's a lava lamp! Thoughtful and useful, i'm in for it! But no! It's 'the most thoughtful presents I've ever had'. I reckon I was born lucky!

I dumped her next weekend......

7) Paul Merson - Not flattering. But I can see a grain of truth. I got this from some bloke on the tube. A complete random. So I guess it must be true.





8) Kurt Cobain - 1967 - 1994, famous dead dude and grunge hero. I would never complain aboot this, the man was a genuine legend and I only wish I had his voice. At the time I was dating 'Ginger Jo' (A wee craftslady more of well under 5' - shortest girlfriend I've ever had, but that's a different thread) and I was in grunge phase with long hair and goatee. She stuck some eyeliner on me and took some photos and I have to say it was closer than bloody Merson.



9) Stuart from Big Brother - Looks nowt like me, BUT he is my voice and mannerisms twin. When he was on Big Bro I had numerous people coming up to me and saying 'You sound just like that Stuart from Big Bro'. A morale builder.

10) Some Bloke Who Played for Barnet FC in the 90's - don't have a photo for this one, it's a net challenge though!.......Anyway, I'm walking through Kings X and some burly shaven headed dude comes up to me, shakes my hand and says 'How's it going?'. Happy to see an old friend, despite the fact I've never before seen him in my life I respond 'Not bad, how are you?'. 'Great' he says 'Are you still playing for Barnet?'. 'No' I say honestly 'I've never played for them'. 'Oh' says he crestfallen and disappears quickly into the crowd looking foolish.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

How hard was that to format!!

And I've lost my menus down the side.

BAH!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

There is one more.

Some guy from love my way (some aussie drama-soap).

He's delish too!

8:19 AM  
Blogger H x said...

I'm just guessing here but... 'Long Distance Lil' had a Buffy obsession right??

Think i might do a loookalikey list. Tis quite a fun idea. Nat, who's that bint from All Saints with the nose???

8:42 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

H, do you mean Melanie Blatt?

Spunky, I dont think you look too much like any of them, however I do see the resemblance in Val Kilmer!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

He totally looks like Riley.

Except Spunky is better looking!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Nat, I just had to stare at that Riley photo for a while, sort of agree, but defo much better looking!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

I'm blushing here.

I'm glad Botham wasn't the number one choice.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

No Spunky, you look nothing like Ian Botham whoever said that need their eyes testing! The only person I would say looked like Ian Botham is my dad, very much so when they were younger and not so much now, however both my dad and Botham have gone grey in the same places!

12:10 PM  
Blogger J.J said...

Anyone better looking than Riley needs to be added to my blogroll at once!

and I hate it when formating does that. It happens to me alot with side bar items ending up in all manner of strange places.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Add me in I'd be honoured. I fear Nat and Moo are too kind.

I tried to get it level with previews but to no avail!

I think I'll soldier on and hope all will improve with time.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

just wait til I post a pic of your delectable arse!

You'll having them queueing in the aisles

...or something!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

Spewing in the isles more like.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home