Sunday, October 15, 2006

No one knew who they were, or what they were doing...

After the short flight we arrived in Bryce Canyon.

AND it was awesome. I have never seen anything like it. This was why I came to America, not to see the product of cultural stagnation. This is nature doing what it does best. Enough of my rabbiting, suffice to say it was cool.














My first picture on arriving there, bright green contrasting with the pale pinks.


















A tree killed by lightning. Loads of trees get hit here every year. Most just lose the top. This one took a big one.


















A great example of a 'Hoodoo' the softer rock underneath the cap wearing away more rapidly over time.














Millions of them! Awesome. The area was huge and totally stunning.














Unbelievably pink too, I'm not normally a pink fan (honest) but this was top.














Just when I can be anymore impressed! A chipmunk!













And then back to the airport for our flight to Grand Canyon. Small eh? There was even smaller to come.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home