Friday, October 27, 2006

Wanna Fly to a Place Where it's Just You and Me....

The Grand Canyon

A short flight over the desert from Bryce canyon and we were in the Grand Canyon. It was just like a great big forest until you got to the and an then the above was our fiest view.
It was just awesome walking along the rim (rim! Huh huh huh uh huhh huhh!) looking at the sheer immensity of it all.
I snapped of loads of shots (in fact I took aboot 800 on the whole holiday - oh the joy of digital cameras)
We popped back for sunset and the ranges of colours and views were breathtaking.
Well worth the horror of nipping around in little planes. I must say T did an awesome job organising it all (bless her little heart). I mean I'd never planned to go to the US but Big Al selfishly decided to get married in Las Vegas. Then T started to plan. I did do a thing but when I saw what was near Las Vegas I said that we had to go to Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon etc. Thank goodness I did because it was amazing. Mind you it did cost me over 4 grand! She doesn't believe in the budget hotel.

Nearly sundown and everything is brown or purple. Time to go back to the little lodge in the middle of the forest. It was fantastic being soemwhere where it is genuinely dark at night. Here in London the sky is kind of dark yellowy blue. Not the black it should be. In fact when we got to Yosemite I saw the milky way for the first time in my short memory. That was later though. Time for bed and then the next day......

Back on the tiny plane:

We were on the back seat! Loads of leg room for me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home