Sunday, May 21, 2006

Just you and me, let's make a promise......

Well it's Sunday and I am on day two of my hang over.

Why? Well.....it all started on Friday night.........

Hethers, ever the genius, organised a boys vs girls netball match. Now I've never played netball but, like all the other boys, thought it can't be too hard. So we turned up to the local sportatharium with our kits expecting to give them a good drubbing.

Ol' Trunks began the game as goal shooter (I was swapped from defence when we realised the Godfather of Soul couldn't shoot straight) and was scoring well along with Metkers in goal attack (who was a bit of a genius). I think we were doing a sterling job. There were two problems though:
1) We didn't know the rules very well and wee man and the midfield kept getting called for fouling and steps
2) they were actually very good and well drilled and were scoring faster than us.
End of first quarter we were losing. End of half we were still losing and worried.

Quarter three, I was subbed as everyone had to take a turn and popped for a quick beer. Despite the superb captaincy of Hethers, when it was time for me to come on we were still losing!!!

The problem was that despite his height the Godfather of Soul was bobbins in defence and couldn't mark a four year olds homework. This left The Bottom Expansion (TBE) a free reign to score at will and that girl can shoot!

So quick conference and I swapped for TGoS. TBE is gobby and kept trying to distract me by rubbing her boobs against me but I was having none of it. I stayed in her face and hassled her for the remaining quarter. The rest of the team upped their game too and the men came through victorious. Free drinks for the lads!!!

It all started quite well, and then we had a game of footie in oyr work clothes and then.....

Well the bar owner was a top man and we were having a good old chat so once it was down to four of us he decided we could have a lock in. Since i'd emptied all £100 from my wallet he started pouring us sambucas and then tequilas. Oddly by 4 am I am very very pissed despite the beef biltong.

I manage to catch a cab and then demonstrated a trick of the real experienced drunk. One of the earlier drinks I had must've been a bad pint (ahem) and I was feeling a bit bilious. The wave of nausea were too much so I pulled a masterstroke and pulled off a precision chunder out of the taxi window. No expensive cleaning charges and the rain cleaned off the outside of the car.

Next day I woke up, but only just and couldn't eat or think. ACK! I shall never drink again. I managed to watch Eurovision though, it was amazing! I saw the potentail early on in Finland and put money on them immediately. A win of £15! That'll finance a new kitchen!

They were top, looked like something from Lord of the Rings.











Very scary. And sounded bad too, but they won!

I have bet on Pete not winning BB7, i fear it may have been an oversight. I shall run down my opinions on the contestants as I make them.

Back to work tomorrow! GROAN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Think Pete could be last 3, dont think he'll win though, I reckon Richard got good chance of winning!

Hope your hangover is better after all it was 3 days ago now!!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home