Monday, December 19, 2005

Your Bright Blue Eyes, Your Lovely Silver Skin





FLIP FLIP HOORAY!

ACK! What a weekend. Last week Thursday was my work christmas party. As is expected from a senior drinking partner of my esteemed corporation I was required to drink from 5.30 till 3.30 in the morning. I accomplished this with ease, however, my return home has only just come back to me and involved me singing along to a number of traditional turkish songs in the cab on the way home. Fortunately no karaoke was available during the night.

Also, fortunately they didn't play Whigfield.

Being a seasoned campaigner I knew to take the following day as holiday (booked a good few months ahead). Hence I had a whole Friday of doing nowt! Bliss. Except my head felt very strange....

Saturday got off to a bad start with the mighty blues getting a battering from the not so mighty Wanderers. A morale builder. Then I had the joy of a cocktail party at my house (not my idea) but left me in the kitchen from 7.30 til 4 making cocktails. I must admit the concoctions were becoming more radical the more I sampled. I did attempt one non-alcoholic cocktail only to be told said person didn't like coconut as well as pineapple. Answer was simple, add bacardi and pass on to someone else.

I only realised the next morning I'd been using Drambuie instead of Grand Marnier in my B52s. The bottles looked too similar in my addled state!

Me and my good friend Stevo aka Angry Drunk managed to keep everyone in cocktails all night AND break two blenders. I had a very sticky Mojito flavoured floor the next day. But no complaints from the neighbours (mind you i did invite most of them).

I'm sure I should have more entertaining stories to tell aboot this but I just can't remember.

Proof Men Can Multitask – 4

I can play guitar and sing at the same time!!! That must be a winner.
I am working on playing bass and singing at the same time, it may take a while.


Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Well I remember one song you played me! I can vouch for that one. Very talented boy.

I was queen of the cocktail too. Messed up a tequila sunrise cos couldn't find the orange juice and used guave juice instead. Put the grenadine in first. Tasted luverly. Named it a lipgloss! Everyone loved that one most.

Of course my best is the raspberry margarita. Got a kick like a donkeys hoof!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Well helloo!!

Its Tuesday and feels like a Monday, my head hurts royally and have a stinker of a cold coming on, ahhh the effects of alcohol!

What a birthday, t'was fantastic! I'm liking the multi tasking ideas and I'm beginning to be impressed!

Not long to go and then I shall be tucked up in bed...sleeping!

Oh and the roof was properly repaired today, inside and all no more leaking water, yippeee!

XXX

3:55 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Have a lovely Christmas sweetheart

XXXX

6:08 PM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

And you!

xxx

7:42 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Christmas is almost over, all this fuss for 1 day, but I must say it is rather good. Roast dinner in the afternoon, copious amounts of alcohol consumed and then a nap whilst watching a film!

My brother got this fab game for his playstation called Buzz, a music quiz game and you all have a handheld buzzer thing, so funny!!

Hope your Christmas was good - your dinner sounded amazing you dark horse you!!

Speak soon

xxx

12:11 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Never eat yellow snow

xxx

2:23 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Come on!! No blog for nearly 2 weeks!!.....Slacking!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

I rang up my god children (and god childrens father, more importantly!) and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was on telly.

Bloody love that film!

Almost as good as Mary Poppins!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Hoorah for Burgh Island!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home