Saturday, June 24, 2006

You could be a million miles away, but when you call I will find you....

Ah! What a beautiful day!

In his own inimitable style my good friend Minky called on Wednesday. Always a pleasure to talk to him I said 'Where are you fella? When are you coming to London?'

[Good point to note at this stage is the fact that the Minkster lives in New Zealand - Even further than Natterjack!]

'I'm here!' he replys 'Is it ok if I stay at your tomorrow and Friday'. Well, who am I to say no to a man who has travelled for over 30 hours. So me and Minky spent a pleasurable evo trawling the bars of Greenwich watching footie and then again the following night. Sadly he no longer drinks due to an affliction he had in South America. So we came home with him tired but perky and me somewhat hammered.

Apparently New Zealand is very small, has no nasty big spiders, has lots of single women due to a dearth of men and has only one, even slightly decent, football team which plays in the Australian league. Amazing what you can find out in a night!

Today I woke up to a disapointingly dull day and drove up the M11 to see Mazzy Must. We had a fantastic day as the sun came out and we went to Mole Hall and saw otters and chimps and guinea pigs and turkeys and flamingos and peacocks and deer and oh so much! It was a lovely time and just lying out on a rug in the sun in the country was fantastic.


















An otter yesterday

Now I have battered back down the M11 and plan to pop to the pub to meet Divvy H for the footie. In't summer brilliant!

Oh one more thing! I lived with the Minkster for four years in which time we had many excellent times:
Going on holiday to Malta and having such a good time we both ended up being off work ill for months
Chatting up the ladies in London with varying degrees of success
Going on holiday to Gran Canaria, meeting and going out with the tallest girls in the world
ack I can't remember anymore, maybe it wasnt that good.
But I do know that he is such a top man I could happily live with him indefinitely. He's the perfect flat mate. We discussed this but came to the conclusion that long term cohabition was not an option as the thought of touching each others penii was abhorrent to us.

My funniest memory is me showing Minky report in the paper saying Palace (his team) had won one nil. The scorer was down as 'Bent'.
Minky: Who's Bent?
Spunky: Your Dad.

Reet! Pub time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Is Minky the good looking fella you lived with in your current abode (and the previous one as well)?

If so, then say a cheery 'hullo' to him and be sure to invite him round my place when he's next around. He is, after all, practically my neighbour!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Spunky Trunks said...

No, he's the other good looking fella who moved out forcing me to buy a place for me and Caz (the good looking fella) to live in.

aye it's only aboot 10 hours away?

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home